Friday, December 24, 2010

All I want for Christmas is fertility

In the spirit of the holidays, I bring to you one more take off a popular Christmas song infertility-style. This is the last one, I promise.

All I want for Christmas
is my fer-til-i-ty,
my fer-til-i-ty,
where's my pro-gen-y?

Gee, if I could only
have my fer-til-i-ty,
then I could conceive
and no longer be childless.

I've never, ever been able to say,
"Two blue lines on a home pregnancy test!"
Gosh oh gee, how happy I'd be,
if I could only get a 'yes'!

All I want for Christmas
is my fer-til-i-ty,
my fer-til-i-ty,
where's my pro-gen-y?

Gee, if I could only
have my fer-til-i-ty,
then I could say,
"The IVF was a success!"

OK, so lyric-writer, I'm not, but in my attempts to find the lighter side of infertility, I had to give it another go.

I hope everyone has a blessed holiday and may visions of embryos dance in your heads.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'll have a spot of this fertility you speak of too. Please.

    Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job! i am too scared to attempt poetry in public. Merry Christmas. (here from ICLW)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, stopping by for ICLW. Too funny. Enjoying your lighter side. Very nice to see. Thank you. ICLW #69

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I came across your blog via other infertilities blogs.. Hope you had a great Xmas & Cheers to us..!!

    ReplyDelete