Sunday, August 2, 2009

Peat and Repeat

This morning at Church I bumped into an acquaintance I haven’t talked to in a while. She had a baby recently so I asked her how she was doing. She answered and then asked me how my baby was doing, and I told her that we hadn’t gotten our little boy from Vietnam yet. She was stunned. I guess it’s been almost a year since I’ve seen her, so she just thought (like we did) that we’d have our sweet pea by now.

So I had to replay the 2-minute shpeal that I now have down to a science about how we can’t get the local police chief to sign off on the documentation for these now toddlers who have parents waiting for them in the States.

I understand that people are curious about what’s going on with our adoption. I mean, I’ve only been talking about it for the last 3 and a half years. But, it gets exhausting explaining what’s going on and responding to questions that I don’t necessarily have the answers to.

And, on the off moment when it’s not on my mind, and someone asks, it just brings up feelings of frustration and heartbreak.

I thought I’d be used to it by now, but it doesn’t get an easier telling the story.

1 comment:

  1. I can imagine, sorry to hear about that. These 'red tapes' only exist to make our lives more miserable.

    Hang in there

    ReplyDelete