Thursday, December 10, 2009

Some Fertile FaceBookers frustrate me

I have been wanting to write something about those darn fertile FaceBookers who post every little detail of their pregnancy or minute milestone in their children's lives for months, but for some reason have neglected to do so. It truly has become my biggest pet peeve. What pushed me over the edge and made me want to start drinking at 9:30 in the morning? It was an exchange of commentary that revolved around how kids are the whole reason that Christmastime is great.

I mean really, people. I don’t go around throwing my infertility in your face (I save that for my blog postings!) So, why do you have to throw your parenthood in mine?

And, I’m not talking about my friends who occasionally write something nice or funny about their pregnancy or kiddos. I’m all for reading about hilarious things their kids say, humorous pregnancy stories, anything involving hamsters getting stuck in between walls or a pickle up a kid’s nose. I’m talking about the people who have no other status updates except about their pregnancy or kids.

A few considerations:

Not everyone wants to hear about your belly button popping out because your cute little preggers tummy is getting “soooo” big.

I really don’t need to hear your woes about your lack of sleep because your baby wakes up four times during the night. Would you like to hear about my lack of sleep because I constantly am dreaming up new ways to try to get pregnant?

I don’t want to hear about how you have to find a pony for Suzie’s best birthday party ever!

I don’t want to know how many days and hours until your due date. Would you like me to give you the tally on the number of days I’ve been trying to get pregnant? I bet it quadruples the number of days of a gestational period.

Now, let’s all play by my rules.

8 comments:

  1. I left facebook because of the profile pictures which any parent seems incapable to take without their child on their lap.

    Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fbook sucks, just avoid. i hate fbook, but learned to live with the constant baby stuff, I only go on fbook when I feel emotionally strong to handle it (but I so get where youre comming from). Obviously I am not knocked up but we are expecting, and I have never said anyhint on that site about it, nor will I, not until they are here for a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even better when the profile pic is JUST of their kids and not even them. That drives me nuts. I, too, rarely get on FB anymore, it causes more pain than joy...

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It drives me insane! Recently I shared with a friend of mine that we have been ttc for years now and she sent me a message telling me I made her realize she was late getting AF and so she took a HPT and got a +. I was pissed! I really think she was just trying to be a bitch b/c 1 wk later she was telling me she had a m/c. She never once posted anything on her FB about it during that week she was supposedly preggo. I love your site btw, just found it tonight :) I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i tend to be my friends flunky they dont have a computer and i do. now i add all these pix to my facebook page and tag it to them and end up having to see every comment.
    example:
    aw. her so cute.
    awww. i thought you was naming her precious
    awww. the baby shes beautiful.
    1 of my friends thought 1 of the babys was mines.
    (my name) congrats on the baby she is beautiful
    comment about my lil sister stomach
    awww look at her wen is your due date.
    (another day)
    did you have the baby yet.
    while look at your belly...lol...so cute
    AND ITS CRAZY I JUS WENT ON FB THE ADS ON THE SIDE SHOWED A PREGNANT WOMAN'S STOMACH ASKING "LOSE UR STRETCH MARKS YET"

    ReplyDelete
  6. COMMENT ON MY COUSINS (CHILDREN PIX)..
    UNKNOWN

    at 2:09am on July 16th, 2009
    look @ my babies. They so cute.
    Delete
    HER

    at 4:55am on July 16th, 2009
    Thanks!.2007~ 2009% babies. Get like us! :-P :-)

    ME
    at 6:22pm on July 17th, 2009
    dam yall i dnt got kno kids :(

    HER
    at 5:07am on July 18th, 2009
    man thats a kinda gud thing.ms lowery.u cn do wat ever u wnt.u cn keep $!. But then its a kinda bad thing.cuz ant kno one goin 2 love u like yo kids.an it fell gud 2 have sum one love u like u love them.an my kids r one of a kind.i love when iam gone 4 a few mins.an cum bk an they b so happy 2 see me! :-P

    ME AGAIN

    at 5:42pm on July 18th, 2009
    No...its not a good thing at all for me. Fukk money and havin da freedom to do shyt. Id trade it n e day for watu got my dear
    at 5:48pm on July 18th, 2009
    i dnt kno da feeln prolly never will. Wat does love feel like?????

    HER
    Ms.lowery; gurl let me tell u! It feels gud.man when i take my kids 2 daycare an cum bk 2 pick them up! My son has this big azz smile :-P an my baby girl starts jumpin up an dwn.an runs 2 me! Man Got 2 love em!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so with you on this! FB sucks!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I just found your blog thru ICLW. I just feel the need to say "A-freaking-MEN" about facebook. I have a lot of pregnant family members at the moment and one of them goes ON AND ON AND ON AND ON on her status about how she's "falling in love with her baby" and "just loooooves to sit there and feel her kick" and "can't wait to meet her baby girl". It makes me so angry and hurt because she knows we've been ttc for almost 3 years. She got knocked up less than a month after she got married, after telling me she was going to wait at least a year because she "would never do that to you (me)." Riiiiiiight. But thanks for rubbing it in.

    Thanks for beautifully summing up everything I would LOVE to say to her!!! :)She reads my blog, maybe I should copy and re-post!? Nah, that would start WW3. Boo.

    ReplyDelete