Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tis the season for cursing your uterus

Ahh, the holidays, it's the "most wonderful time of the year".  Well, that is unless you're infertile.  Don't get me wrong, I love the period between Thanskgiving and Christmas.  For me, it's the time of year of spoiling my niece and nephew rotten and eating cookies.  Hitting the Xmas party circuit and getting a few little presents ain't so bad, either.

Plus, not having children means that we don't have to wait in ridiculous lines to sit on Santa's lap, stay up til 5am on Christmas Eve putting together Santa's toys or try to keep a toddler in line during Christmas Mass. Of course, I would do all of these in a heartbeat, if we were so blessed.

Everything is so kid-centric this time of year that it's easy for the baby-making challenged to feel completely left out.  Even seeing Santa Claus makes me want to chuck a snowball at him for not bringing me what I really want for Xmas.  Seeing snowmen makes me crave a little one to bundle up and jealous of the ones who have one in their yards.  Don't even get me started on Xmas cards and end-of-year family letters...

Ooooo - bitter girl came out swinging today folks.  I'm really not even in a bad mood, but it felt good to get that off my non-sagging chest.  : )

4 comments:

  1. Santa better stay away, I'll join you in chucking snowballs!!
    Maybe instead of a wish list we should send him an extortion letter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we should all stand in line together and sit on Santa's lap and ask him what happenened to our list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You took the words right out of my mouth...this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another thing about this time a year is that things are so commercialized - all the hype, the commercials and the ads totally play with our emotions and gets kids swept up with wanting the latest toys and it's all a bit over the top!

    ReplyDelete