Saturday, June 12, 2010

Enough with the postings about your kids!

At the risk of sounding like a bitter non-mom, I am going to go on a rant anyway. I have mentioned my frustations with FaceBookers who are pregnant and detail every little milestone and ache and pain. Every once in a while, it's OK, but when it's every day and that's the only thing that they post about, that's when I call issue.

My latest complaint is the moms who make every post about their kids. And, I mean EVERY post. If you look, they are out there, and it drives me nuts.

As I've said before, if you're kid stuffs a pickle up his nose or says something funny, I'm all for hearing about it, but if I have to hear about one more pre-K gradution, trip to the zoo, or birthday party, I am going to lose it.

OK, all for now. Thanks, I feel better now.

7 comments:

  1. I totally understand and part of why I de-activated on FB. I couldn't take it anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I like the trip to the zoo comments followed by the photos.......arg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, why not have their kids get their own fb-page and do their own updating! Seriously though, I agree, it gets to be too much sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! Like you said, I am okay if they post about other things too, but when it's only kid post after kid post, I start to get annoyed.

    And how about the people who have a picture of their kid as their avatar?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand where you are coming from. It took us 7 years to have my son and now I am pregnant with my daughter. I hated the comments, I hated the back stabbers and I hated everyone who complained about being pregnant. My son will be a year old in 2 weeks. He is my sunshine, he is my miracle, he is my life. Then we miraculously got pregnant with my daughter (she is due in October) she has been prenatally diagnosed with hydrocephalus. I would never terminate a pregnancy. It made me want to commit murder when someone made a comment on my blog that I should abort her because her life will not be worth living. I ignored the comment and just deleted the post. I mean, she is a miracle- one that I never thought I would have. I wouldn't kill her regardless of what she was diagnosed with. Anyway, sorry this is so long I just wanted to know that I agree with your comment. I also hope that you are not hurt to hear about my children. I have been there with a sister in law constantly throwing my infertility in my face all the while bragging about her fertility. Good luck with your adoption, I pray that by next Mother's day you will have a 3 year old little boy jumping into bed with his mommy and telling her happy Mommy's day.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen. I hate them too!

    Do they want us to bake them cookies or something?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get you. One of the reasons I left face book was because an old "friend" from school was trying to re-friend me. Ignoring her didn't work and her constant friend requests complete with a profile pic of with her kids obscuring her face pushed me over the edge.

    ReplyDelete