Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Shake it up

I have been an MIA blogger for the last several days, so now I feel guilty and am just writing to get something new posted. Rest assured, this will not be the most profound, long or eloquent of my writing, but I do have some major, and I mean major, news.

Jack Bauer and I are moving to China! Yes, China, as in half-way around the world; China, the country that only allows for the birth of one child; and China, the country with 1.3 billion people (which maybe will help me past all of this wanting a child thing and I'll focus on zero population growth).

Jack was presented with this work opportunity (after all, even the Chinese need their counter-terrorism consultants) around the same time that our journey with our Nest didn't work out. Between that and the continued bad news on our adoption, we decided it was time to shake things up in our lives a little bit - and this was just the thing.

It's temporary - only for ten months. We leave in October and will be back next July. We're thrilled and excited. If we can't have a child, we'll just move to China! So, we're off on an Asian Adventure.

Of course, in the back of my mind, I keep thinking that there may be some mystical 100-year old medicine man lingering in some back street of Shanghai who can cure my infertility with an odd concoction of Asian herbs and some chanting. I'll let you know what I find out.

Oh, and I have some additional big news, but it will have to wait until later this week. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. All the best with your move and who knows, China might be the place you conceive your child.

    I was pregnant with my son immediately after my husband and I had relocated.

    All the best again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never know what may happen - just keep your heart open.

    ReplyDelete