Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Early Bird Gets the Worm

Throughout our quest to bring a baby into our lives, very, very rarely have things happened on schedule and not once has something actually happened early (except for my period’s cursed arrival). However, the Nest reported some news this afternoon that was a little surprising.

It seems that instead of it being another four weeks until her transfer; it could actually happen two weeks from today! Father’s Day -- so appropriate! That’s got to count for something.

Originally, we thought we’d have to wait an extra two weeks for the transfer because the lab where the frozen embryos live shuts down for two weeks right before July 4 for some kind of extra special cleaning or something, but according to our fertility nurse who’s monitoring the Nest’s progress, it seems likely that the Nest will be ready before the lab shuts down.

I think I’m still trying to process it; you wouldn’t think two weeks would make that big of a difference, but it has been more than 18 months since our final IVF attempt.

And up until we met with the Nest six months ago, we had all but shut down the thought that we’d actually have a real, live prospect of having a bio baby. So, to think that this could happen – and sooner than we thought – is a little overwhelming.

We are guardedly excited about our chances this time, but have complete resolve that we’re doing the right thing. And no matter what happens, we will have solace in the fact that we did everything we could.

Sending fertile waves to the Nest…

No comments:

Post a Comment